https://blog.trango.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/FRF-Best-Winter-Crag.jpg 450 600 Mike Cannazzaro https://blog.trango.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/logo_rev.png Mike Cannazzaro2019-01-04 08:41:412021-05-11 11:38:35Front Range Fridays: Best Winter Crags
Welcome to Front Range Fridays. Each Friday we’re sharing the hidden gems, underrated climbs, and best crags that no one is talking about. This week, we’re sharing 5 can’t miss crags for winter climbing.
- Graveyard Wall, Clear Creek – fairly newly developed, all day sun, easy mostly paved approach. Almost all of the climbs on the wall are gems – Justin D’Altorio, Trango Purchasing Lead
- The Platte. Specifically Thunder Ridge and Turkey Rock. And if people were honest, they’d all admit that a sunny February day after a monster snow storm, there’s no better place to climb in a t-shirt than North Table Mountain. People hate on it for slick basalt but I’m telling you. When you’re freezing your toes off in Eldo, I’m catching a sun tan at Table Mountain. And I could list off enough routes there to leave any climber grinning ear to ear after a day there. – Jason Haas
- Thunder Ridge, Shelf Road, Wall of the 90s, Turkey Rock – Mike Anderson
- North Table Mountain – Lots of sun, lots of options and the approach (almost) never has snow on it. Plus lots of post-climbing beer options just down the hill. – Mark Anderson
- Rincon Wall – Eldo – Ryan Gajewski, Sales Coordinator
- Horestooth Reservoir for sunny bouldering, Lincoln Falls for all day ice laps and certain areas of Eldorado Canyon and Boulder Canyon for sunny trad and sport climbing. – Alton Richardson
- Really any south facing crag on the Front Range if temps aren’t too low & the sun is out. Upper Security in Boulder canyon, south facing clear creek crags, etc.